Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy
The purpose of official IE Commuter social media pages is to serve as a mechanism for communication between IE Commuter and members of the public with regards to ridesharing in but not limited to the Riverside County and San Bernardino County regions. IE Commuter will reserve the right to monitor, filter, and remove any content (text, links, video, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate, including but not limited to:
- Comments unrelated to the particular topic of the post in question;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Commercial solicitations;
- Text or links encouraging any kind of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public transportation system;
- Repeated, unconstructive negative comments;
- Comments that may compromise the privacy of an individual;
- Comments about IE Commuter employees, which will be forwarded to Customer Relations staff for processing according to established protocols for verification; or
- Content that violates ownership rights from any other party.
By engaging with official IE Commuter social media pages, users agree to abide by the terms of commenting policy and give express permission to IE Commuter to monitor, filter, and/or remove content in violation of this policy. IE Commuter reserves the right to block or ban individuals from our social media pages who do not adhere to these guidelines.
It is understood that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. IE Commuter may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech until it’s been reviewed and/or removed.
Content on social media sites, which are not owned or operated by IE Commuter, is not kept or retained by IE Commuter and is not required by law or kept in the discharge of a public official's duties or made/retained for the purpose of preserving content for future reference. Content is not required by IE Commuter document retention schedule to be retained for any purpose. External, non- IE Commuter links on our social media sites do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of IE Commuter.
All content provided by IE Commuter on all social media sites is protected by American and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions and other relevant intellectual property rights. No content, including but not limited to text, photographs, or videos posted by IE Commuter may be copied, reposted, or used in any other context without the explicit permission of IE Commuter. Any such use may be treated as a copyright violation and IE Commuter may enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law.